Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Field Trip - The Local Needle

Last weekend, our knitting group went to the Local Needle.

We were greeted by Joan (the proprietor) in style. She made a sign, and buttons!

Buttons

The graphic is the group logo made by Kate, one of our members. Joan is so thoughtful and always makes us feel welcome.

And, she has great yarns. As part of my anniversary present (more on that in another post later) I got to splurge a little.

Here's the take:

The Take

First, Alpaca with a Twist laceweight Fino, which will probably grow up to be a lace shawl or stole.

Alpaca With A Twist Fino

Some Wildfoote for some baby booties. I'm interested to work with this yarn.

Baby Booty Yarn

Dream in Color Smooshy in November Muse.

Very Pretty Man-Yarn

And least but definitely not least

Pagewood Farms Really Red

Pagewood Farms sock weight in Really Red. Besides being the most appropriate color name ever, it is my favorite of the bunch. It was also damn hard to catch the color on a rainy day.

Pagewood Farms Really Red

The actual color is somewhere between the two pictures. It's amazing. Amazing enough to convince me to get some color in my life. I bought two skeins to make some fingerless mitts and socks. I'm contemplating getting some worsted weight for the February Lady Sweater.

No comments: