Thursday, August 7, 2008

Getting Ready for Knitting Olympics

This year for our anniversary, Nerdy Husband and I decided to get ourselves presents. He got a Playstation 3. I got these

Swift and Ball Winder

I ordered the swift and ball winder online from Hank's in Gainesville, and on the day it arrived, I walked in to find this.

Card from my Hubby

It was wrapped in Christmas-y gift wrap and came with a very funny card. It just got better. When I unwrapped it, I found a note written on the side from the awesome ladies at the yarn store.

Shipment From Hanks

A ball winder and swift. Good thing too, because I had to wind all this.

Box o Yarn

into this

Knitting Olympics Yarn


That's 24 different shades of Cascade 220. What am I going to do with it? I'm basically copying Brouhaha's Curve of Pursuit. It's gorgeous, and my afghan is as much inspired by her work as it from the pattern from Wooly Thoughts.

That being said, no, I'm not going to knit an entire afghan in 17 days. My goals are to knit every day (which I normally don't do) and make an average of 1 square a day, or 17 squares total over the course of the games. I also want to take a picture of my progress every day.

Although I think I may be crazy to knit a worsted weight 100% wool afghan in August in Florida.

No comments: