Saturday, December 6, 2008

How have I not posted this yet

My Wheel

I got a wheel for my birthday!

It's a Kromski Sonata, that comes with its own backpack

Indy is jealous of my new toy

Indy is mistrustful, afraid I'd forsake him for my new toy. He has no need to worry. I've spun less than an ounce on it since I got it in October. Not that I don't want to, but I just haven't had the time, I'm focusing on Christmas knitting.

I did spin this

Practice Handspun

It's thick and thin like crazy, slubby, and overspun in some parts, and very pretty in its own way. Especially after I dyed it

Practise Yarn

and knitted it into this

Swallowtail Swatch

It's part of a pound of plain domestic wool I got from Webs, just to practice. I have a bunch of pretty fiber from plenty of sources, but I feel like I wouldn't do it justice if I spun it now.

I do have some plans though, more spinning to come!

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a fantastic birthday gift! Your first yarn looks beautiful as does the project you've knit with it!